The junior researchers main task will be to conduct interviews with policy makers, NGO staff and other stake holders in the protection of migrants performing low-skilled work.
Applicants should have
- A Master degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology or related discipline;
- Working knowledge of migration governance (migration policies, diaspora policies);
- Experience conducting qualitative interviews, in particular elite interviews;
- Expertise – gained through research or living/working in – on at least one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda;
- Willingness to spend several months abroad for project fieldwork;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
Contracts are fulltime for up to 18 months.
Deadline for applications is December 9.
The vacancy and link to the application system can be found here https://vacatures.uva.nl/UvA/job/Two-Junior-Researchers-on-Low-Skilled-Migrant-Worker-Policies-%28RIGHTS-Project%29/758404202/